5.05.2009

Home Team

Ashley and I have been a part of a Home Team since we were married in August 2008. First of all it has been a great place to make friends and allow God to shape us by challenging each other. Lately we have been doing a study on Jesus teaching through parables. It has been an awesome study. I have found myself in awe of the incredible depth of God's Word. Its incredible to me that even with a bachelors degree in the Bible and having taken classes like "The Life and Teachings of Jesus" that His Word is still so deep and alive that it can still be revealing more to me. It is also amazing to me how vital it is to have a group sifting through God's Word together. It brings great discussion and pushes us towards applying it.

Tonight we talked about the the parable of the unjust judge and the widow. It is found in Luke 18:1-8. As we were discussing the parable we all felt challenged to DO something persistent! What about the people around us? Are we persistently pursuing the justice for the least, the last, and the lost? WHY NOT?

1 comment:

  1. i have found myself in that very place! the pursuit of justice is definitely what our world needs!!!!!
    and we get to appeal to a RIGHTEOUS, JUST, HOLY JUDGE who delights in answering the cries for mercy of His children.

    ReplyDelete